Halloween is almost here! Throwing a last minute Halloween party? Toss your fears aside. We’re sharing fa-BOO-lous ideas for planning a spooktacular Halloween party with Pottery Barn Teen in just 5 easy steps! Take a peek at the photos (if you dare), captured by Aspin Photography.
While Halloween is a holiday that lends itself to over-the-top treats and decorations resulting from months of planning, it’s entirely possible to pull off a freakishly fun last-minute celebration by following our 5 easy steps.
Step 1. Choose a Halloween party location that naturally brings in an eerie vibe and spooky feel. Whether you hold your party inside or out of doors, you want that “haunted house” atmosphere. We chose to set up our party outdoors, using a black iron gate as the backdrop. We loved the look of the wooded lot in the background, winding path and leaves whistling in the breeze.
Step 2. Decorate with a few large, impressive Halloween décor items to give your party space that “wow” factor. We loved incorporating several prominent Halloween props from Pottery Barn Teen and mixing them with items we already had on hand.
Here are the items we loved from Pottery Barn Teen featured in our party:
Some of the little details that packed a big punch:
Step 4. Arrange for some spooktacular Halloween treats (or risk getting a few tricks from party guests). Bake up a favorite recipe or two, or allow yourself to purchase store bought treats & serve them up in creative ways.
Some of the highlights of our Halloween dessert table include:
-Cupcakes with witch feet toppers from Tutus & Bowties Events. The cute witch feet toppers were attached to purple chevron straws from our shop. The cupcakes were dressed up in striped wrappers, also from our shop. Notice the creative display on a candelabra.
– Skull sugar cookies from Sugar Canvas Boutique Bakery
-Green popcorn served up in black striped favor bags from our shop, with ghoulish grub labels from Modern Moments Designs.
–Jelly Belly jelly beans in kiwi and licorice displayed in ceramic “eek” letter dishes from our shop
– Black candy apples and chocolate covered Oreos with spider detailing by Bella’s Bakery & Bowtique
– Green potion beverages served in French square milk bottles from our shop, accented with Halloween vinyl.
5. Prepare a spooky Halloween favor to send home with guests. Utilizing gumball tubes from our Etsy shop, eyeball gumballs, a smidgeon of black and white twine & adorable trick or treat tags created for us by Jessica Wilcox of Modern Moments Designs, we had a basket of favors prepped in no time!
I can’t wait to see the fun you scare up at your own Halloween party following our 5 tips!
Recreate the look of our party, with these additional sources:
–Giant Halloween Creepy Cloth
– 90×132″ Crinkle Taffeta Rectangular Tablecloth Overlay – Black
– Lime Green Striped Straws (24 Pack) 7 3/4″. Paper.
– Wood Crate Basket with Handles – 19in
– Gifts & Decor Crystal Trimmed Candelabra Tealight Bead Candleholder
–Party Essentials Heavy Duty Hard Plastic 12 x 18-Inch Rectangular Serving Tray, White, Single Unit
–Mr. Light Seneca Funkin 9″ x 8.5″ x 8.5″
– Midwest CBK Jeweled Black Square Cake Stand, Set of 3
– Hemptique Cotton Baker’s Twine Spool 2 Ply, 410-Feet, Black